Lightning Battle is the fourteenth chapter in Kid Icarus: Uprising, in which Pit battles one of Viridi's commanders, Phosphora. This level takes place in a temple located within thunder clouds, being appropriately named Thunder Cloud Temple. The Forces of Nature and the electrified temple keeps Pit on his toes in this exciting chapter.
This chapter starts off with Pit trying to leap out of the door before nearly being blown to smithereens by a burst of energy blasting through the door. Palutena tells Pit that Hades has rejoined the battle between Viridi and Pit. Hades revived Thanatos, putting him back into the position of commander. Thanatos is in a heated battle with one of Viridi's top commanders, Phosphora, the warrior of lightning. Pit dodges both the Underworld Army and the Forces of Nature's attacks as well as avoiding the battle of commanders. After a while, Phosphora defeats Thanatos, and retreats to Thunder Cloud Temple to recharge. Palutena tells Pit to attack Phosphora before she fully recharges. Pit enters the thunder clouds surrounding the temple, but Phosphora begins to fire electrical beams which he must dodge. Once he dodges her attacks, Pit lands outside of the temple and heads in.
Before Pit heads in, Palutena warns Pit of the electric columns and walls. If Pit were to touch a wall, Palutena will yell at Pit because she warned him, but he didn't listen. Once inside, Palutena tells Pit to destroy the gem to shut off some of the power. Phosphora shrugs this off, and Pit moves forward. When Palutena tells Pit about the train car, Phosphora allows him to do so because it isn't her place. After a conversation about Phosphora "squatting" in the temple, she accepts Pit's challenge. Phosphora then calls Pit a "yes-man" and cute, to which he blushes, making Phosphora call him cute again. Palutena says that Pit embarrasses easily, to which Phosphora replies with "don't give it a second thought... ma'am" causing Palutena and Phosphora then get into a fight about their age. After Pit makes the air current in the next room powerful, Phosphora will say that he "has brains and brawn". After Pit fights the enemies in the next room, he will reach a room with many floors and electric currents, which Phosphora calls "perfectly safe". Once all the enemies are defeated, the next room will open up with another power gem. After Pit destroys the gem, he can fall down a hole to a grind rail leading to the final passage to the boss. Defeating enemies along the way, Pit will go through the door to reach a jump pad to the boss door.
The Libra Sponge power can be found in a room just before the boss fight with Phosphora. All Pit must do is simply dodge through the electric fence blocking the doorway to get to the Zodiac Chamber.
Phosphora is the boss of this level. For this battle, it is advised to equip a weapon that greatly boosts Pit's speed, such as Claws as Phosphora is incredibly fast and zips around the battlefield at great speed. Phosphora specialized in lightning-based moves, so all of her attacks are electrified and may cause paralysis. Phosphora can attack with electric blasts of many varieties, lightning bolts that travel along the ground, and send columns of electricity at Pit. She can also perform a diving kick at Pit. Most of her attacks are relatively easy to avoid. After taking enough damage, Phosphora will begin to glow with a blue aura. In this state, she gains two powerful attacks. One attack has her teleporting to the center of the arena and charging up a large ball of electricity, which she then fires off as electrical bolts that ricochet off the surrounding posts. Her other attack involves punching the ground to release a large shockwave of electricity.
- Lightning Bolts: Phosphora fires off three bolts of blue lightning in her general direction.
- Mini Lightning Orbs: Phosphora fires three small, fast orbs of lightning. The orbs have a trajectory curved towards Pit.
- Lightning Orb: Phosphora sends out a slow moving orb of purple electricity at Pit.
- Ground Lightning: Phosphora fires a blast of yellow lightning that disperses into strips that travel along the ground.
- Lightning Columns: Phosphora sends out three columns of yellow lightning at Pit.
- Lightning Kick: Phosphora performs a diving kick in Pit's direction.
- Thunder Explosion: Phosphora builds up electricity, then punches the ground, creating a large shockwave of electricity. Can easily be avoided by running out of the blast radius.
- Lightning Ricochet: Phosphora teleports to the center of the arena, creates a large ball of yellow lightning, then fires it at the posts, causing them to ricochet off the posts to hit Pit.
- Are you even trying?
- Slowpoke! (When firing a Lightning Orb or Mini Lightning Orbs.)
- Coming at you! (When performing Lightning Kick.)
- Charging Complete! (when radiating electricity.)
- This is ridiculous... (when near defeat.)
After an arduous battle, Phosphora is defeated and dissolves into particles while angrily stating she takes back what she said earlier about Pit being cute. Viridi is left in complete shock at seeing her best commander defeated while Pit boasts that he will be coming for her next. At that point, the temple begins to collapse. Hades states that the temple is collapsing because Phosphora's energy is no longer powering the temple. Palutena threatens Hades and tells him that she and Pit will be after him soon.