Here are some helpful tips to get you started:
If you have a question, do not hesitate to ask one of our staff members, we want to help you!
We are so glad to have you on the Icaruspedia team, happy editing!
--The Icaruspedia Staff
-- 19:02, 21 June 2012 (MDT)
I apologize for my hasty actions; perhaps I was too hasty in reverting the edits without looking over them first. --Anothrgamer1234 08:24, 24 June 2012 (MDT)
I will try my best in keeping a neat format for this Wiki's articles. I understand that it's quite important as to keep the standards up high, but at the moment I'm just trying my best to expand stubs and create new pages for missing information. This is more important to me, especially knowing that I have people like you who can go over my work and correct it. Note, this is not an excuse, and I will try to remember the format and keep to it, but my main purpose on this Wiki is to expand it as much as possible, especially when I compare it to Kid Icarus Wiki on Wikia. But still, I thank you for bringing this to my attention and where possible I will improve on it.
JORDAN DEBONO 00:47, 4 July 2012 (MDT)
- All Right. Also please look at this before doing so. CancerClaw12 14:19, 11 July 2012 (MDT)
In your past edits I have noticed you are creating lots of redirects to pages. How do you perform this action? Is there a special button I'm missing or do you need to have a higher rank to do so. The only form of redirects I have performed are through the use of moving pages. But that involves changing the whole name. There are certain pages which don't need name changing but rather simple redirects, exactly like you're doing. Please help me out here,
JORDAN DEBONO 01:16, 12 July 2012 (MDT)
p.s. please respond on my talk page and from there we can (if necessary) continue the conversation since I know you check the Recent Changes often.
- No need to reply, ToastUltimatum answered on your behalf :)
- JORDAN DEBONO 03:10, 12 July 2012 (MDT)
recently you have shown an interest in the AR Cards section of Kid Icarus: Uprising. I am very pleased about this since major work is required here, but some of your actions are a little puzzling... As you may have noticed I reverted the edit you did to Medusa (AR Card). Why was the Idol Description removed? The format for AR Cards has now become a standard: Picture with stats, an opening intro, a "see also" section AND the Idol Desc. Also, you have removed one of my redirects saying it is not needed. All I understood was that you want to delete it and since Discussion pages are not used I'd like to do it here. To finish off on a better note, splitting the AR Cards list into sections is more organized. However I think they should be split into: Main Characters, Vehicles, Fighters, Weapons (Blades, Staffs etc.), Und. Army, F. of Nature, Aurum, Chaos Kin (basically Shadow Pit only), Treasure Boxes and all related (incl. Mimicutie and T.fish), the items and finally all the "buildings". Please give me your thoughts about this; I don't want to edit without confirmation. A very good idea though, I have to say.
JORDAN DEBONO 01:01, 16 July 2012 (MDT)
- I removed it for the reason that there is no idol card for the AR card specifically. Ok, I understand that idols come from the AR cards so forget that edit. And the treasure box category is called Items or Powers. And "Main Characters" would mean Palutena's Army (along with the Unaffiliated like Magnus and Poseidon). Subdivide the Main Characters into unaffiliated and Palutena's Army. And another thing "buildings" are locations. IceBlue[E] 13:02, 16 July 2012 (MDT)
I will make necessary changes to my AR Card headings. Also, could you please answer on my talk page since I look at the Recent Changes filtering out Namespace content (this is because of all the Spambots; I'm not being difficult).
JORDAN DEBONO 12:41, 17 July 2012 (MDT)
my reasoning for "blanking" the section of Windy Wasteland in Together Mode was because the content is EXACTLY the same. Repetition is not acceptable if it is quality this wiki is out for. If you insist on keeping the description, I suggest you condense the info and write a unique two-liner. And by the way, the name's not debono, it's Jordan or JORDAN DEBONO.
JORDAN DEBONO 12:41, 17 July 2012 (MDT)
And also, the Daybreak section is a perfect example of what I'm after as an alternative. A simple two-liner and not all article content.
JORDAN DEBONO 12:47, 17 July 2012 (MDT)
So going by your very brief defense, so long as this wiki has content, regardless if it's relevant or irrelevant, it's good enough to keep. The reason why I joined Icaruspedia and not the Kid Icarus Wikia was because that wiki is intent on getting as much (useless) info as possible. They're interested in the article count, not correct info and content. Since I value my membership here more over this petty argument, I will not continue quarreling. Although I will be condensing the description to a two-liner. As for the Windy Wasteland layout of titles, I still oppose your method but will not pursue it as it's not worth it. Happy Editing,
JORDAN DEBONO 00:51, 18 July 2012 (MDT)
- But it's a drag to have to click the link to the page. And the idea of having this wikitable is to give a brief description of them. There is a thing called 'For the Full Article, see:'. Summarizing the content on that page is something I can do. Ok? And don't assume I like IcarusWikia. Their Brawl characters pages are pointless. This however is not pointless info if I can rephrase it. IceBlue[E] 13:38, 18 July 2012 (MDT)
- Wait did you make those summaries? I thought you just blanked the section. Sorry. IceBlue[E] 13:40, 18 July 2012 (MDT)
I did initially blank the section but seeing you did not like it, summarizing the paragraph was the next best thing. Seeing everything is finally settled, let us just forget this mini edit-war. And before I forget, I am not assuming you like IcarusWikia, it's just that the method you wanted to adopt was something they would do. But again, since everything is sorted out, there's no need for more quarreling. However, I must say that their Brawl characters pages aren't completely pointless. After all, the Mariowiki do the same thing, and you may have found out that I look up to them a lot. But until we finish creating basic articles, these future ones can be considered fruitless. If you could take the trouble of creating these two articles: Centurion Knight and Juggernaut, it would be a great help since I'm currently working on the stages. Thanks,
JORDAN DEBONO 00:56, 19 July 2012 (MDT)
correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the Arms Altar where Weapon Fusion, Conversion and Buying happens? Technically, it's Palutena's Temple which is the hub of the game, not the Arms Altar. I'm addressing you simply because you gave it a needed revamp which you thankfully did. If you give me the go ahead, I will make the necessary changes, but since they'll be big I didn't want conflict. What do you think?
JORDAN DEBONO 01:03, 25 July 2012 (MDT)
p.s. I responded to your request about the hyperlink colour changes. See my Talk Page.
- I have just received the go ahead from the EiC to change it instead. All I will be doing is changing the name and create a separate article for Arms Altar and call the current one Solo Mode.
- JORDAN DEBONO 01:20, 25 July 2012 (MDT)
I spoke to Anothergamer1234 about our Appearance format, and he agreed with yours. Therefore, could you please change all articles to keep a necessary standard (apart from characters that feature in Kid Icarus and KI: OMAM). For the convo we had about it, see here: ,
JORDAN DEBONO 14:05, 31 July 2012 (MDT)
Feel like a Brawl Tournament?
Are you a part of the Skype chat? If so, could you add me to the group please? Thanks, JORDAN DEBONO 10:31, 10 August 2012 (MDT)
- Oh ok then never mind. I'd rather use Skype but thanks for answering, JORDAN DEBONO 15:22, 10 August 2012 (MDT)
We need help...
I'm considering asking the others about promoting you to an Administrator- as you've probably noticed, the spambot situation is worse now than ever before and we need all the help we can get trying to contain them all. Do you have any objections to being promoted? If not, I'll go and bring it up in Skyworld and see what the others think.--Anothrgamer1234 17:31, 25 August 2012 (MDT)
- While I don't necessarily oppose IceBlue's promotion, the spambot problem can simply be sorted by one action of Maxite's, rather than recruiting new admins. We just need to grab the guy's attention. Toast ltimatum 17:40, 25 August 2012 (MDT)
- Help yeah sure. But I think Maxite will solve the problem as Toast already said. IceBlue[E] 18:53, 25 August 2012 (MDT)
Hello. It's been a while since you've been seen here on Icaruspedia. You have not made a significant contribution since 2012, so I'm wondering if you're still able to maintain your administrative roles. I realize this could be due in part to the server being locked down for about a year recently and the spam issues have been cleared since then, so if you are able to, you can continue resuming activity. You don't necessarily have to edit, but you should pop in every now and then to take part in discussions and handle situations when they arise. You can also join the Discord that is linked to in the sidebar.