Internet Relay Chat, or IRC, is a form of real-time communication. Icaruspedia's IRC channel is designed to be a communication option between editors of the site, a better alternative than using talk pages due to the fact that it does not interfere with the functioning of the Recent Changes feed.
- Click to join the Icaruspedia IRC Channel!
- Users without a client can use this link to join the IRC Channel.
- Spamming the channel is prohibited. Refrain from posting large amounts of text at one time and use  to do so instead.
- Do not harass other users on the channel. This includes, but it is not limited to, trolling and flaming. Note that debates are allowed as long as the discussion is civil, and that being called out for bad behavior is not harassment.
- Do not talk about inappropriate sexual topics or post links to inappropriate or shock material.
- In short, don't be disruptive and use common sense while on the channel.
Failure to follow these rules will result in being banned from the IRC channel. IRC is a privilege, not a right, and all decisions of the channel operators are final.
Operator status is granted to all administrators of Icaruspedia who wish to have it as well as to Conny who has founder status in order to maintain the channel. Operators have the power to change the channel "topic" as well as to kick and ban users. Bureaucrats on the wiki also will be granted the power to grant and revoke operator status. If any user is being disruptive on the channel, logs of the incident should be presented to a channel operator so they can take the appropriate action.
Channel operators are not above the rules. Harassment and disruption by the ops, especially through the topic, kicks, and bans, is prohibited and may result in the loss of operator status at the discretion of a bureaucrat or the channel founder.