List of Nintendo references in Kid Icarus: Uprising
Jump to navigation Jump to search
In Kid Icarus: Uprising, several mentions are made to other Nintendo titles.
- When the Three Sacred Treasures are rescued, Palutena mentions how less pixelated they are.
- In Chapter 9, Pit and Palutena discuss how difficult the Underworld level was in the original NES game.
- Throughout the story there are numerous conversations and images relating to the original Kid Icarus.
- The Reaper's theme is exactly the same from the original Kid Icarus.
Super Smash Bros.
- If you use the Bow, as a possible random conversation, Pit and Palutena have a conversation that references the Super Smash Bros. series.
- In the Land Battle tutorial, Palutena mentions that the dash movement is similar to the controls of Super Bash Sisters. Pit then corrects her by saying it's from Super Smash Bros.
- The Fireworks Cannon seems to be inspired by the Cracker Launcher from Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
The Legend of Zelda
- The description of the Fairy Orbitars Idol starts with the sentence: "Tired of pixies asking you to listen?", a reference to Navi in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
- The Underworld Gatekeeper has Triforce-like symbols on its wings. However, they are just three gears in a hole.
- When Pit is taunting the Twinbellows copy in Chapter 9 before the fight, he mentions racking a lot of Nintendogs trainer points.
- When fighting Komaytos in the Chaos Vortex, Pit mentions that they resemble Metroids. Viridi says that the two gaming universes are unconnected.
- The Idol description for the Komayto also makes a reference to the opening of Super Metroid, stating that "the last Komayto is not in captivity, Skyworld is not at peace".
- Space Pirates are likely inspired after creatures of the same name in the Metroid universe.
- When watching the powers tutorial video, Pit mentions that playing Dr. Mario pays off when arranging powers on the power grid.
- In Chapter 19, one of the rooms in the tower features zigzagging bridges, large rolling barrels and jump pads. Pit mentions that this looks familiar, and Hades notes that the Chariot Master must have played Donkey Kong.
- In Chapter 22, Dark Pit mentions that Hades' math is incorrect and that that Brain Age might be useful in correcting himself. Viridi then mentions her brain age is 24.
Game and Watch
- On the ground stage of Chapter 21, during the third wave of enemies, Pit mentions how the jerking motions of the Aurum in this wave are similar to the Game & Watch.
- In Chapter 5, there are several areas that resemble past Star Fox titles including Star Fox 1, Star Fox 2 (never released), the bonus asteroid zone from Star Fox 64, and Star Fox Assault.
- An item called the Smart Bomb can be used in the game. It's based off of the item of the same name in the Star Fox series, although its functionality is similar to that of its Super Smash Bros. Brawl appearance.