Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
|Super Smash Bros. Ultimate|
|Dairantō Sumasshu Burazāzu Supesharu|
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, known as Dairantō Sumasshu Burazāzu Supesharu (大乱闘スマッシュブラザーズSPECIAL, lit. Great Fray Smash Bros. Special) in Japan, is a game in the Super Smash Bros. series for the Nintendo Switch. The game was first teased on March 8, 2018 before being officially fully unveiled at E3 2018. It includes every returning fighter from previous installments, including those from the Kid Icarus series. Various other elements from the Kid Icarus series also return or are introduced. The game was released worldwide on December 7, 2018.
- Pit: Pit returns as a playable character, using his same moveset that he had in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U. He has additional voice clips, such as a changed Star KO clip, and a new Final Smash utilizing the Lightning Chariot. Unlike the previous games, Pit is an unlockable character.
- Dark Pit: Pit's doppelganger returns, again as an unlockable character and copying Pit's moveset. He is now classified as an "Echo Fighter".
- Palutena: The goddess of light returns, this time as an unlockable character. With the removal of custom movesets, Palutena's neutral and side specials are now set to Auto Reticle and Explosive Flame respectively, and her down special is now both Counter and Reflect Barrier, depending on the move she's countering.
- Skyworld: A returning stage from Super Smash Bros. Brawl with breakable platforms.
- Reset Bomb Forest: A returning stage from Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS that transitions between Viridi's fortress.
- Palutena's Temple: A returning stage from Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, it is one of the largest in the game. Palutena's Guidance also makes a return with brand new conversations for several fighters.
Spirits are a new element introduced in Ultimate. Their main function is to provide power-ups for fighters during battle. They replace the trophies from previous installments, however unlike trophies, they do not come with any flavor text.
The Kid Icarus series did not receive any new remixes for this game, nor were any additional original pieces added. Two pieces of music were removed in transition from Super Smash Bros. for the Nintendo 3DS, that being "Dark Pit" and "Wrath of the Reset Bomb (Original)". In Ultimate, the music is not tied to any specific Kid Icarus stage.
- List of Music
- Boss Fight 1 - Kid Icarus: Uprising (Original)
- Dark Pit's Theme (Original)
- Destroyed Skyworld (Wii U remix)
- Hades's Infernal Theme (Original)
- In the Space-Pirate Ship (Wii U remix)
- Kid Icarus Retro Medley (Brawl remix)
- Lightning Chariot Base (Wii U remix)
- Magnus's Theme (Original)
- Overworld (Brawl remix)
- Thundercloud Temple (Original)
- Title (Kid Icarus) (Brawl remix)
- Underworld (Brawl remix)
- Wrath of the Reset Bomb (3DS remix)
- To commemorate the release of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, one of the remaining unreleased AR Cards for Kid Icarus: Uprising was revealed two days (or three days, depending on time zones) before the release of Ultimate and six years after the release of Uprising, that card being Pit (Victory). However, the card is only available digitally.
- Pit now says "I never learned how to read!" during his Star KO, a reference to Chapter 17 of Kid Icarus: Uprising when Pit almost fell to his doom against his fight with Pyrrhon.
- This piece of dialogue is exclusive to the international versions of Ultimate. In the Japanese version, Pit uses his Star KO scream from Super Smash Bros. 4.
- Pit/Dark Pit's voice actor, Antony Del Rio, is the only returning English cast member from Kid Icarus: Uprising. Palutena and Phosphora use their replacement actors from Super Smash Bros. 4, meanwhile Viridi is now voiced by Dayci Brookshire instead of Hynden Walch.
|Kid Icarus series|
|Main Series||Kid Icarus • Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters • Kid Icarus: Uprising|
|Remakes||3D Classics: Kid Icarus|
|Related Games||Super Smash Bros. Brawl • Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U • Super Smash Bros. Ultimate|
|Related Media||Captain N: The Game Master • Kid Icarus 3D Anime|
|Key People||Toru Osawa • Yoshio Sakamoto • Masahiro Sakurai • Hirokazu Tanaka • Gunpei Yokoi|