Dark Pit Staff
|Dark Pit Staff|
The Dark Pit Staff is one of the twelve Staffs in Kid Icarus: Uprising. It is most powerful when firing at far away foes. As its name states, it is designed after Dark Pit and was created alongside him.
Staff used by Dark Pit when he hides in Chapter 6. The staff's charged shot does four times the damage at its longest range as it does up close. Continuous fire is also powerful but lacks size and range.
Weapon data is for weapons with zero ranged and melee stars with no mods to them. Distance refers to the maximum range a shot can travel, measured with non-homing shots. Damage (near) refers to the damage done when the target is as close as possible. Damage (far) refers to the damage given at maximum range. The symbol "—" means the corresponding stat is not applicable to that specific attack.
|Melee hit 1||—||63.0||—|
|Melee hit 2||—||33.6||—|
|Melee hit 3||—||63.0||—|
|Attack||Distance||Damage (near)||Damage (far)||Shots|
|Melee hit 1||—||18.0||—||—|
|Melee hit 2||—||9.6||—||—|
|Melee hit 3||—||18.0||—||—|
This weapon follows standard weapon fusion rules, with the following exceptions:
- Dark Pit Staff + Fortune Bow = Palutena Blade (rather than Phoenix Arm)
- Ogre Club + Rail Cannon = Dark Pit Staff (rather than Arlon Orbitars)
- This weapon has an air to land melee damage ratio of 3.5.
Super Smash Bros. series
The Dark Pit Staff appears as Dark Pit's Final Smash in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U. He fires a high-powered shot that travels in a straight line. It can hit multiple opponents and can even penetrate through walls. This move works very similarly to Zelda/Sheik's Final Smash, the Light Arrow. The staff also appears on Dark Pit's main render and in one of his victory poses. Design-wise, the staff noticeably lacks the blue, floating spherical structure on the top that was present in Uprising.
This weapon may be called a staff, but it actually does better shooting powerful shots at targets at long range. Like Dark Pit, this staff was created by the Mirror of Truth. If Pit were to use it, he'd probably feel lingering echoes of his clone's warped personality.
The Dark Pit Staff returns as Dark Pit's Final Smash, functioning very similarly as before. The weapon is also again featured on Dark Pit's primary render, and in one of his victory poses.
- Despite the staff being named after him, Dark Pit only uses this weapon as default once in the entirety of Uprising, which is in Chapter 6 when he's on top of the hill, preferring his Silver Bow instead.
- In Super Smash Bros. 4, Dark Pit has two different lines when performing his Final Smash which both can be heard during gameplay. One of them has him saying, "It's time!", but for an unknown reason this is absent from his Sound Test, and only, "Goodbye!", is listed.
- This mistake has been fixed in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
- In Smash 4, in terms of damage, Dark Pit Staff works inversely to its Kid Icarus: Uprising incarnation. When the Dark Pit Staff in Smash 4 hits multiple opponents it deals more damage to the closer ones, while in Uprising it deals more damage at its maximum range but less damage when up close.